Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Beautiful Prayer of Cardinal Newman

Prayer of Cardinal Newman
My God, you have created me to do you some definite service. You have given me some work to me, which you have not given to any other. I have my place in your plan. I may never know what it is in this life, but I will be told it in the next. Therefore I will trust you in all things. If I am sick, my sickness may serve you. If I am worried, my sorrow may serve you. You do nothing in vain; you know what you are doing. You may take away my friends; you may put me among strangers, you may make me feel forgotten, you may make my spirits sink, you may hide my future from me- still, you know what you are doing, and I trust you. Amen
I thank my friend Ebele Okosi for sending this beautiful prayer to me.

No comments:

Homily for the Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year B

Faith Opens The Door, Love Keeps You In The House Rev. Marcel Divine Emeka Okwara, CSsR Homily for the Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time...